The Senior HR Business Partner will support the Leads in the strategic and operational management of People to achieve/exceed company success and growth goals by providing outstanding People support and advice. The role is responsible for providing high quality, objective and robust business partnering and generalist support to ensure the business attracts, develops and retains great people.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to resolving employee issues and concerns and to identifying areas of risk to the organization.
- Reduce legal risks by tracking workplace issues, ensuring appropriate investigation/resolution.
- Handle grievances and other employee complaints relating to working conditions and contract items.
- Advise and recommend people solutions by collecting and analyzing situations and information.
- Partner with Talent to implement talent-related processes including talent acquisition, Diversity Equity Inclusion, performance management, global mobility and learning and development.
- Assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related People matters.
- Coach managers and employees. Consult with managers on organizational, leadership, and career development related issues and help identify training needs.
- Monitor training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Collaborate with Programs to administer the performance management process, facilitate compensation planning and administration discussions, deploy employee engagement survey, etc.
- Deliver high-performance initiatives that deliver transformation and ongoing continuous improvement to our work practices and leadership capabilities.
- Act as the primary interface with the Global Operations team for issues and inquiries which relate to assigned groups
- Support the delivery of effective and efficient People related services. Guide staff on what the company offers and connect them with the right team to assist with specific situations as necessary.
- Represent the business on people-related enterprise-wide operational projects.
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new HR programs and policies.
- 3+ years experience as a People Partner or HRBP in a Global high-growth organization.
- A passion to deliver a world-class total employee experience.
- The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and advise people to make the right decisions.
- The ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- The ability to design, develop, and implement innovative solutions to real People problems.