Our client is looking for a hands-on VP of Engineering to lead, design, and build technology solutions and execute on a strategy that will reduce reliance on outsourced advisors and set them apart as a leader in innovative cultural technology. The VP of Engineering will rapidly assimilate cross departmental technology requirements and thoughtfully assemble the necessary internal and external resources required to address those requirements.
- Understanding and organizing cross departmental technology needs into highly efficient, well-run project solutions.
- Hire and manage internal or external partners to execute and deliver project requirements on time and within budget.
- Establish and maintain an annual tech budget alongside co-founders.
- Maintain high degree of knowledge on cutting edge blockchain technology.
- Participate in ideation and continually evaluate feasibility of new technological product concepts.
- Build technology and make decisions that ensure a stable, strong, and scalable Product.
- Provide technological insight as part of the investment committee.
- Contribute to organizational production goals.
- Master’s preferred, or Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of professional experience, including a high-growth startup environment.
- 5+ years of people management and building a high-performing technology team.
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology, including its underlying principles, architecture, and different types of platforms (e.g., Ethereum, Solana).
- Extensive experience with smart contract development and programming languages such as Solidity and Rust and software development tools like Git, JIRA, and Visual Studio.
- Expertise in building decentralized applications (dApps) and a deep understanding of cloud-based platforms, such as AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and consensus mechanisms.
- Understanding of blockchain scalability solutions such as sharding and off-chain Scaling.
- Familiarity with blockchain security best practices and experience with implementing security measures for blockchain systems.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Proficiency with various operating systems like Windows, Linux and MacOS and big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Understanding of database management systems like Oracle Database, MySQL, and SQL Server.
- Well-versed in data analysis, machine learning, and AI.
- Paid federal holidays
- Generous vacation policy
- Paid maternity leave
- 401k and FSA
- Continued education opportunities
- Paid family medical leave
- Fully remote
- No meeting Wednesdays
- A supportive and collaborative team