$150,000 - $175,000 /year
5+ years of Experience
Chief Compliance Officer
The Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for all BSA/AML Program functioning. You will need to build the compliance team and work closely with the existing European compliance team.
- You will oversee the US entity’s compliance program and work closely with a global compliance team
- Actively engage with and act as the point of contact for regulators, auditors, and regulatory partners
- Work with the legal team to analyze regulations and their applicability to products and develop creative solutions
- Develop and implement record-keeping processes
- Monitor, advise, and implement all relevant regulatory rule changes
- Develop and implement a comprehensive framework for regulatory compliance
- Work directly with regulators and their representatives. Forge strong relationships
- Direct Anti-money laundering compliance program and ongoing change management
- Oversee regulatory examinations & internal and external audits
- Establish and maintain regulatory reporting requirements
- Provide oversight for the Customer Identification Program, KYC – Due Diligence process, AML Transaction Monitoring, AFC and OFAC Sanctions
- Coordinate and conduct compliance training for all employees for core areas.
- Advise business teams on compliance and risk.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Product and Tech team making sure the communication and products produced by the company comply with regulatory standards.
- Manage, lead, and develop compliance and risk teams.
- Oversee a variety of topics from a risk and compliance standpoint.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant compliance and regulatory experience
- Strong leadership abilities with team management skills
- Hand-on approach and autonomy in day-to-day operations
- Bachelor’s degree.
Would be a plus
- ACAMS Certification
- Legal background (J.D. preferred)
- Experience with leading state money transmitter exams
- Specialized knowledge in blockchain and the cryptocurrency industry
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, creative, and rapidly growing tech startup
- Tech savviness
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Experience working and communicating with regulators