Our client is looking for an exceptional Founding Blockchain Engineer to build various services and products, all powered up by a decentralized digital identity. This is a rare opportunity to join the core team and lead backend development, build a team, and design backend architecture. As an early team member, you will get a chance to shape both the foundations of their product, blockchain architecture and team culture. They will measure your success by your ability to ship fast, learn quickly, and contribute to their culture of continuous improvement.
- Design and build server-side their L1 and blockchain architecture (using Golang, Cosmos SDK, AWS, Azure).
- Write technical documentation.
- Manage the server-side technical team.
- Develop and manage well-functioning decentralized databases.
- Proven experience as a Senior Backend Engineer or Lead Backend Engineer
- Deep & low-level professional knowledge of Golang, 3+ years of professional experience. They are using Golang for building the blockchain
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals (TCP/IP), distributed systems, low-level networking knowledge, system design, and memory management.
- Basic knowledge of cryptography & such algorithms and structures as Merkle Trees, Hash Tables
- Familiarity & experience with various cloud services: AWS, Azure, GCloud, or Heroku
- Basic or deep knowledge and understanding of how different blockchains and consensus mechanisms (PoW, PoS) work
- You are ok with the fact, that the code will be open sourced at some point
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. The project has a high level of unknown and a big portion of R&D. True ownership, self-management, and professional maturity – things they value the most and things that are important for this job
- It is a remote full-time position
Nice to have:
- Familiarity & experience with Geth, Cosmos SDK and Tendermint
- Knowledge and 3+ years of professional experience with one of these programming languages: Rust, C++, Python, or Java.
- Experience as a user in crypto and basic DeFi protocols like Uniswap
- Basic experience with smart contracts development
- This will probably be the craziest, most compelling, and hardest product you are going to be building
- Competitive equity as a founding employee of a startup funded by top-tier investors
- A fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility